Monday 11 December 2017

No Happy Holidays From Me


Well no I'm not being miserable on this season of festive cheer you'll just get no "Happy Holidays" from me.
I'm no Scrooge or Grouch but I is probably the ghost of Christmas past.
When I started coming to the United States my attention was attracted to the commercial greeting of "Happy Holidays", I say commercial given it was highly evident on tv, particularly TV which is commercial.
It didn't take long for me to see some political appeasement on this greeting yet it clearly took out of the occasion of what this means to me. I am a Christian and celebrate Christmas.
I'm not only a Jew. I have no degree of disrespect towards Jews yet I just can't correspond with Hanukkah. For me it indicates close to nothing. Okay I may stop well educated inside the intricacies of the Jewish faith but I respect their beliefs.
In similarily I respect Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists and Hindu to mention just a few. As long as everyone respects everyone and kill or harm the other then that's fine.
I appreciate that the modern-day Christmas is usually known as originally a pagan festival. For me it is just a religious festival celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. It will always mean this if you ask me.
I wouldn't like the most important thing if you ask me to be diluted into a amount of something for everyone since the politically correct crowd do not want to upset anyone. If you do not want to upset people then think about banning local councils from adding Christmas trees and Christmas decorations.
Oh no, you simply can't have Christmas decorations, you might offend the minorities! Give me a rest. Not adding decorations is offending many! We are now living in a Christian country that has turned into a multi-cultural country. Let us celebrate a few of that culture.
I have zero challenge with people celebrating Eid. I even hear of lights being put on Canary Wharf to celebrate it; each of the better for this. I don't have a downside to China Town celebrating Chinese New Year in February, just the thing for them. I even celebrated Pooja with all the Indians.
Christmas is becoming too commercial and losing the essence products it's got historically stood for. Are atheists being hypocritical when they celebrate Christmas because they can over indulge and acquire presents from the jawhorse? Should they have public holidays to celebrate a feast they don't really rely on?
The idea of "Happy Holidays" is rising a lot more within the UK so we are worse for this.
Stop watering down the most important thing in my opinion or anything else. Let people celebrate and greet the other person determined by whatever they believe in if it's harmless and truly not offensive to others.
I know people can say that "Happy Holidays" is all-encompassing which enable it to even include the New Year celebration. Well no is the thing that I say. I'll happily wish someone "Happy Eid", I'll greet the following Jew and need them a "Happy Hanukkah" but I won't say "Happy Holidays".
If a Jew wishes me "Happy Hanukkah" I will be happy and happy for them. Okay I can't really relate to their celebration but I may be happy they are celebrating something crucial that you them.
One in the most memorable Christmas' for me personally was in the year 2000. I was based in Saudi Arabia for the majority of of the get to Christmas that year. It is a strict Muslim country and I observed a nearby population celebrate Ramadan over the winter period. I also remarked that there were no mention or build up to Christmas.
I flew home the weekend prior to the 25th December to arrive right into the Christmas celebrations. This was perfect personally. I missed all of the long, drawn out commercial build-up from September and entered it inside the true spirit of the occasion.
So within the coming days I am happy to wish all of my readers a "Happy Hanukkah", a "Happy New Year", a joyous "25th December". However you may get no happy holidays from me.
Merry Christmas along with a Happy New Year to my readers of Flights & Frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE

RevolverMaps